Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/1998 12:21:02
Dave McGuire writes:
>   If i386 is the most widely used NetBSD port, that sure is a shock
>   to me.  I  certainly haven't seen it.  I booted 0.9 on a 4mb
>   386/16 just to prove that it  could be done, but that's about it.

You are unusual. I know of a couple of major developers that don't
own any i386 hardware, but even most of the people hacking NetBSD for
machines other than i386 own an i386 running NetBSD, too. I've got a
bunch of sharks, but I mostly run on my i386 boxes. I've got a lot of
machines deployed at clients, all i386, and by far the largest
category of users I've seen overall appears to be i386.

.pm