Subject: spray and fxp0
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1998 13:46:49
On an i386, I'm trying to blast another computer with spray(8).  When
I run spray, I get:

sending 1162 packates of lnth 82 to wage ...spray: RPC: Unable to send; errno = No buffer space available

And, a kernel message appears saying "fxp0: device timeout".  The
kernel message appears twice.

This is with maybe one-week old -current.

Is there a kernel variable I should be tweaking?  This situation seems
strange, because I've got 128MB of RAM on this box, and the kernel's
reserving 6.8MB for buffer space, according to the boot messages.  Or
are there twenty different kinds of buffers, and only one if being
reported by the kernel boot messages?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

--