Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1998 18:51:44
On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, David Maxwell wrote:

> > If we're going to consider radical changes, why not go whole-hog and
> > implement Veritas' VxVM and its abstraction away of the physical device layer?
>
> Although this sounds like sarcasm to me, it begs the question: Are radical
> changes not open to discussion?

Sure they are. I think in this case people would take the more
radical proposal more seriously, because it offers some tangible
advantages.

> When the comments repeatedly get personal and accusatory, I get leary of
> the effect on the mailing-lists. People who may have valuable contributions
> to make may be reluctant enough to get involved to begin with. When users
> see personal comments like the two quoted here I fear it may disincent
> participation.

I really wish it would have that effect on this thread. Sad to say,
it doesn't seem to.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@portal.ca>  604-257-9400    De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
Any opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.