Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1998 00:57:59
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

 * If you're serious, find someone with a SUn-3/50 or similar vintage
 * machine, one with the Emulex scsi-to-ESDI or scsi-to-MFM bridge
 * controllers.  They'll fall over themselves to swap it for a modern
 * scsi drive.

Yeah, I remember them.  I still think it was nice to be able to branch
two drives off one controller.

 *
 * Are you really that masochistic, though?

Not so much masochistic as wishing to make as much use of my available
resources before needing to buy more.

I don't see how this would truly complicate things.  Autoconf
already supports targets and LUNs; the only problem would lie in
the hardware.

Unless, of course, the kernel autoconf support is merely a veneer
to hide our not dealing with multiple LUNs, but, frankly, given
the history of NetBSD and BSD in general, I find this highly unlikely.
BSD's always been quality code, from my POV.

 *

--

				--*greywolf;