Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1998 11:53:53
According to Gandhi woulda smacked you:

> * I have a UMAX scanner (Astra 910S) that causes 1.3.2 to complain loudly for
> * each LUN after 0, so I usually leave it powered off except when I really need
> * to use it.
>
>Quirk time!

Nah - nail it in the config.  I had access do a UMAX scanner which did
the same thing, I just commented out the ss* device and used a uk with
the correct id & lun and the thing probed without a problem.  I was
able to get the thing working after a bit of hacking on the scanning
software.

  And the monks would cry unto them, "Keep the bloody noise down!"
  - Mort, Terry Pratchett.