Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: C Kane <ckane@best.com>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1998 22:18:17
In message <199810020212.TAA01865@shell9.ba.best.com>, C Kane writes:
>Even if "MAKEDEV sd47" worked, it is easier to refer to that
>device as c2t15d0 than sd47, because the name makes more sense.

I hate to be seen as encouraging SYSVism, which we all know is NIH,
and therefore unacceptable...

But this is a damn good system.  I like it.  It is the number one thing
I miss about administering SVR4.  No matter *WHAT* is attached, I like
to have a way to say "*I* know that this disk will always, forever, be
SCSI ID 2 on the 1st SCSI controller attached to this system".

I really like that.  I'm into it.  I prefer 'sd0' for stable parts of a
system, but I'd love to have /dev/disk/cNtNdN or something similar.

-s