Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Dave Sainty <dave@dtsp.co.nz>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/1998 19:55:36
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Dave Sainty wrote:

: > Not to mention it's rather rude that we define the call, document the call,
: > have defines for the call in <sys/mman.h>, and die with EOPNOTSUPP when
: > given valid memory addresses.  The least we could do is pretend to be happy
: > with the information, as long as the memory range is valid.
:
: It should probably do sanity checking on the arguments and check that
: they are ok before doign nothign with them. :)  EOPNOTSUPP should
: indicate that the arguments were ok but the advisory was ignored.

In that case, we wouldn't change behavior.  I was proposing something
similar to what Digital UNIX does:  accept valid arguments (no error), even
for options which are not implemented (currently all of them).

To think I'd propose something DUh does.  8-)