Subject: Re: This is crazy
To: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1998 10:23:42
David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>  wrote:
 > My guess was that this is more related to the constant comments from
 > those on the mailing lists like 'hasn't enyone ever considered' or
 > 'Why hasn't core asked...'. Comments of that sort can be written in
 > an innocent way, but are often seen as quite insulting by the people
 > they are directed towards. Often, I think this is more due to the

actually, personally, I'm more irritated by the snide comments made
in an off-handish way such as "Well, if anyone was actually managing
things here" or "I would send mail to core but there's no point since
it won't be answered", etc...

"I don't get paid enough to put up with that."

 > I would think it fair to say that the core group doesn't communicate
 > _everything_ they are working on/trying to do/asking permission for...
 >
 > I also don't expect them to.

Some people do. Some people think no decision should be made unless
it has been completely dissected and examined to death on 5 mailing
lists and unanimous consensus has been achieved.  No two people agree
on how everything should be run but a lot of people are quite happy
to berate you for not running things their way.

Anyway, I'm rambling...

Lets just drop it for now.