Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 17:03:34
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Sorry.  I'll have to try and explain the allusion over lunch sometime.

Ok, when? Next week's open after Monday.

> Suffice to say that you may've just volunteered to write some trivial
> test apps -- if you can't find and build the ISODE ones.  (I have no
> clue what the licensing restrictions on ISODE are, but there must've
> be a copy around stanford somewhere.)

I have a copy of ISODE 8.0 from a site in Germany. I think it was the last
free version. My problem's been that I can't find enough documentation to
figure out how to set the dang thing up if I were to get it to compile. So
I haven't tried hard. My bad.

> The other can of worms is that if we haven't actually exercised ns(4)
> or the ISO stack in some time, you may well trip over kernel panics if
> you try and use them -- especially on machines that don't handle
> unaligned accesses.  I'd ask CGD, I think he fixed a bunch of bugs on
> the Alpha at one point, so someone must've looked at this.

Hmm. I've asked a few times if anyone's running ANY of these stacks, and
gotten no response (other than a few tell me if you find someone else
using them too ones).

Take care,

Bill