Subject: Re: some pkg questions
To: Udo Steinegger <udo.steinegger@noc.franken.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 10:57:06
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Udo Steinegger wrote:

: > This is intentional.  First, the pop server in that distribution is not the
: > only pop server in pkgsrc (there's qpopper, for example).  Second, not
: > everyone wants all three services (imap, pop2, pop3) enabled by default;
: > some people want the pkg for pop3 only and some for imap only.
:
: ok fine, but a short message, that the lines in /etc/services and inetd.conf
: need to be added manually would be nice. That's not just for the folx that
: don't know where to look why the service doesn't work, but also a good
: reminder that one needs to care for oneself what service should be added.

That's definitely reasonable; I can add a `MESSAGE' file to that effect.

The lines should already be in /etc/services.  If not, that's a bug.
Truthfully, /etc/inetd.conf should probably contain skeleton lines as well,
and I will probably add some in -current in the lineup for 1.4.