Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/1998 21:36:42
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:

: > What did I miss?
:
: If texi2dvi(2) and texindex(2) are not installed how are users going to
: get them if/when they do install TeX?

Have this part of the gtexinfo pkg, then, or a "texi2dvi" pkg which installs
these bits as a dependency of the teTeX pkg.

: Why not install them anyway and just mention in the docs (which docs? I
: don't know), that they're non-functional unless TeX is also installed?
:
: The alternatives are all far too complex.

The alternatives aren't all that complex -- and we can't add software that
is this nonfunctional in the base system.