Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/23/1998 14:01:59

    >>> Do we distribute the INFO files for [gdb, gcc, etc]?
    >> I don't believe we do, but we should.  [...in another message,
    >> something about /usr/share/info...]

    der> If you do that, *please* make it easy to disable, on the order of the
    der> NOMAN= trick for manpages or NOLINT= for lint libraries!  My installed
    der> tree is already uncomfortably large, and I have absolutely no use

  I'd like to see *everything* in /usr/share be a seperate install set.
  It is completely unneeded on networked/dataless workstations.
  If the  /usr/share/info files are an additional set, that is fine for
me, and if they don't get built, cool withme too.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.