Subject: Re: More licensing flames...
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Reilly <reilly@zeta.org.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/23/1998 09:37:38
On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 11:39:30AM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Unfortunately there has not, to my knowledge, ever been any "free"
> library distributed with only the GPL covering its copyright, at least
> not by the Free Software Foundation, so this fact has not, to the best
> of my knowledge, been tested.  (I can't find an early copy of glibc.  It
> may have been distributed under GPL.)

FFTW by Frigo and Johnson (http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~fftw) is
one, I believe.  I was under the impression that they'd done
that explicitly because the "GPL poison" would force potential
commercial users to contact them for a version with commercial
terms.  Maybe they've read the GPL differently.

--
Andrew