Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1998 20:04:52
>In the top level, you have a node entitled "locally installed
>software". When you click on it, you get the /usr/pkg/info
>tree. What's the problem/

"It sucks".

If I'm looking for docs I should have to _care_ whether it's part of
our source tree or part of someone else's in order to find it.
Any more than I should have to invoke "man" twice, with separate
arguments, to find a manpage for a pkg (as opposed to our own stuff).

Fire up emacs info mode. Now, all of a sudden, if I want info on
emacs, either I don't get the standard Emacs info node (which always
includes emacs at the toplevel) or I start somewhere not at the
top of the Info hierarcy.

Pfft, ack, pthui. Gross.  Confuses the hell out of an ordinary user.