Subject: Re: OpenBSD
To: None <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1998 22:20:53
On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 02:20:48PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   His response was "It seems like pretty much the same OS, but OpenBSD is
> much more security conscious, so I went with that."
>
>   Maybe a NetBSD security web page wouldn't be such a bad idea.  We *are* doing
> good work to deal with security issues.  It's about time someone other than the
> developers found out about it.

I was going to convert some 15 machines from NetBSD to OpenBSD because
I thought the NetBSD folks weren't fixing the same bugs that the OpenBSD
people are telling about.  (For some other reasons, I decided to stick
with NetBSD, anyway, but that's a different story.)

I really wish there was a page about NetBSD security somewhere.

  -jm