Subject: Re: OpenBSD
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1998 11:42:48
On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> (i) I think you're saying, that, (except exportable crypto),
>      OpenBSD in fact does not do particularly more about security
>      than NetBSD; they just do better marketing of the job they do.
>      Is that right?

I think at one point they did a LOT more about security than we did, but I
hope things have changed since then. I think right when OpenBSD formed,
they went in w/ a whole slew of security fixes which we hadn't done for
some reason.

But that was a while ago, so I'm not sure how things are now. I believe
we've done better since then.

Take care,

Bill