Subject: New distrib of the bouyer-ide branch
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/1998 23:28:15
Hi,
I've uploaded a new set of patche for IDE DMA. The -current version
is in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/incoming/bouyer/, the 1.3.2 one
in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/ide-1.3.2.
(1.3.2 users: you just need to extract the tar file and recompile,
nothing changed in the patch file).

What's new:
- hopefully full support of the CMD PCI0640 (what an awfull chip ! :)
- core dumps should work reliably again
- support of user-specified timeout in ATAPI commands
- A more reliable probe routine (close to the old one). I've tested it
  with an old MFM drive (I think it's MFM: it's a drive which needs
  2 cables with the controller, one shared by master/slave, and one
  specific to the master or slave).
- more verbose error messages when an IDE transfer fails
- correted a bug where a DMA error would cause a list corruption, and likely
  a panic later,
- fixed the problem which caused some ATAPI commands to fail on DMA-capable
  cdrom drives.

Enjoy !