Subject: Re: road map for new immigrants?
To: Neil Hoggarth <neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/1998 22:21:33
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Neil Hoggarth wrote:

> This is all great stuff - I'll most likely be doing some of this sort
> of thing for the first time shortly (once the userland sources settle
> down a bit, and integration of CATS support into the public arm32 tree
> is a bit further along).
>
> However, to go back to the question which kicked off the thread - is
> any of this useful information collected somewhere? It sounds to me
> like we could really do with something akin to the FreeBSD "making the
> world" guide? I'm tempted to offer to start collecting notes together
> myself, but given that I've never actually built current from source
> myself yet this might be somewhat premature and presumptuous of me!

	Well we're trying to improve the Documentation on www.netbsd.org,
	and have a 'Tracking NetBSD-current with CVS' page at
	http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/tracking-current.html

	We have someone looking at a 'Updating from a release to current
	page', but if you would like to come up with some notes for
	'now I have NetBSD running, what do I do to just recompile
	everything', that would be good - particularly as you shouldn't
	have any (NetBSD :) preconceptions

		David/absolute

             -=-  "Promise carved in stone, deeper than the sea"  -=-