Subject: Re: AFS/arla
To: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/1998 12:18:25

DS> 	Ooh, yeah, I was looking for netatalk.  There is no port, and
DS> the source I found wasn't happy to compile here, so I just ignored
DS> it and did one of the million other things I was trying to get
DS> done.  Where can I find one that'll build, or are there things I
DS> need to look for to get the one I got to build (don't remember
DS> which one that is, it's in my laptop all zipped up and sleeping).

The trick with netatalk is to hunt around on ftp.netbsd.org until you
find the patched sources for it.  I don't remember what the file is
named (though it has "netatalk" in the name) or where it's at, but it
should still be there.  It compiles pretty much out of the box, and
you just need to put "options NETATALK" in your kernel config.  I've
gotten it to work on both i386 and pmax ports.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu