Subject: Re: kerberos question
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 09/15/1998 23:07:07
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> If it does, what happens to poor sods in academic sites who're stuck
> in an AFS KRB4 environment which isn't migrating to a krb5 KDC?

Hmm, I've heard there are `third party' Kerberos 4 dists out there.

Moving the `domestic' stuff away from your government isn't a good
idea I suppose? There isn't much in there, so finding free equivalents
wouldn't be that hard. The only requirements would be that someone is
willing to maintain it, and that some people (a fairly large part of
the active hackers, I guess) can't touch it (directly).

/Johan