Subject: Re: road map for new immigrants?
To: Ted Spradley <tsprad@spradley.tmi.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1998 22:02:56
>BTW, libc is broken right now, so if you are using -current sources
>from the last couple of days, you would be advised to wait before
>building (as per Jason's message of this morning.) Jason promised to
>note when this would be fixed (I'm guessing by tomorrow.)

Even worse news is that if your "make build" gets past the "make
includes" step,(where it re-populates /usr/include with .h files from
NetBSD-current) and then fails, you'll have the header files.
header files.

If that happens with today's -current, you won't be able to re-compile
any source code which uses signals, since the headers in /usr/include
will have the new signal declarations, which don't match your libc anymore.

If this happens, you'll have to re-install /usr/include from the
snapshot you're running, repair whatever broke, and then start
"make build" again.

Here, "make build DESTDIR=/somewhere_safe/" is your friend.