Subject: None
To: Ted Spradley <tsprad@spradley.tmi.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1998 21:47:26
>I tried "make build" in /usr/src, and it choogled along for a while, but
>then quit when it failed to find something called "compile_et".  I'm sure
>there's something more I should have done, but where do I find out what?

By the time "make build" got that far, it had overwritten your
/usr/share/mk with new bsd.*.mk files. Those may work properly with
your 1.3.2 make, or they may try and use new features which aren't in
the old 1.3.2 make binary.

also:

>> > I tried "make build" in /usr/src, and it choogled along for a while, but
>> > then quit when it failed to find something called "compile_et".
>>
>> Hmmm. It shouldn't have done that. Did you forget, perhaps, to unpack
>> the secr set when you built your machine?

>Hmmm.  Maybe that's it.

It shouldn't have even tried to build compile_et unless you already
had a /usr/src/domestic.  You may have gotten an empty
/usr/src/domestic (with the right permissions) just by installing the
snapshot.  If so, that's arguably a bug in /usr/src/Makefile, and
a PR is in order.