Subject: Re: AFS/arla
To: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1998 14:02:51
rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu writes:
> I also plan to install the coda package into the /usr/pkgsrc area,
> imminently.  I was just talking to Allistair as to whether he would
> object to my making a new package category, filesystems, for coda
> and others.  (comments?)

If we have kernel support for something, the rest of the support
should be in the main line sources. Among other things, we want to be
able to freeze those sources and properly release engineer them when
we do full releases.

For that reason, among others, I strongly suggest that the Coda
userland goo go into /usr/src, not into pkgsrc.

Perry