Subject: Re: Bad rlogin/telnet performance?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1998 10:17:17
On Sun, Sep 13, 1998 at 10:57:57AM -0500, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> In message <19980913170749.33881@pyy.jmp.fi>, Jukka Marin writes:
> >If I rlogin/telnet from 1.3F machine into 1.2 system, things work OK.
> >If I rlogin/telnet from 1.2 machine into a 1.3F one, things get slow.
> >ssh works OK in both directions.
>
> Hmm.  Try turning off do_rfc1323.  It doesn't sound like it should
> make any difference, but it's always my first stop.  :)

It didn't make any difference.

I just noticed that the problem occurs even locally (!) when I rlogin
from machine A to machine A.

I didn't have this problem with NetBSD 1.3.  I'm not sure about 1.3.2
because I usually use ssh instead of rlogin.. but I _think_ 1.3.2 was
still OK and the problem appeared when I installed 1.3F.

Does anyone else see this problem?  It happens on all of machines with
1.3F (different kernels (separately built)).  All of these machines are
i386 systems, though.

  -jm