Subject: Re: boot problem on i386
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1998 02:39:31
On Fri, Sep 11, 1998 at 08:25:00PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> It isn't the bios. It is the fact that you haven't installed new boot
> blocks that recognise 169

Ah, ok.

But normally I should be able with that compat option to still use 165
and have a running system - or? (yes, it is -current, not -stable,
know this)

When the problems with the ahc go away, I will change the blocks.

(this is one of the reasons, I hate pc hardware. You have to be
compatible to some sh*t just because others also do. I don't see the
point of not just using the old 386 BSD boot method when the entire
disk is used for NetBSD. We had this some weeks ago, so I stop here).

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
"USENET is William Shatner and George Bush trading places after being hit