Subject: boot problem on i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1998 01:40:45
Hi,

I finally managed to compile -current (1.3H) from 9/10 in the
afternoon.

With the old NetBSD partition ID (=165) the kernel boots fine and
finds all devices. It complains about old BSD partition ID (four
times) and gives me a shell. When I now fsck or disklabel or such,

(e.g. disklabel -r sd0)

it prints a message "ahc0: ahc_scsi_cmd: error 22 loading dma map"

and hangs.

When I change the partition id to 169 with (p)fdisk my bios does not
find any vaild boot program and just hangs there.

This box ran 1.3.2 find until this afternoon.
The ahc is an Adaptec2842 >= Rev E

Any ideas?

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
"That is one of the Laws of USENET, up there with `You can tell when a USENET