Subject: Re: NDC Ethernet (pcmcia), anyone?
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1998 11:40:21
According to Hubert Feyrer:

>pcmcia0: CIS info: NDC, Ethernet, A, 004743118001
>pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0xffffffff, product 0xffffffff
>
>I've looked at pcmciadevs but got no clue on what to enter there.
>Can someone help me, please? :>

Put the following into if_ne_pcmcia.c (in the ne2000_devs array):

    { "NDC Instant-Link",
      PCMCIA_MANUFACTURER_INVALID, PCMCIA_PRODUCT_INVALID,
      "NDC", "Ethernet", 0,
      0x003a, { 0x00, 0x80, 0xc6 } },

And build a new kernel.  You should get the card coming up as an ne
network interface after that.  This was what I did to get an accton
card to work - I am not sure if the process has changed in a recent
current.  It had not the last time I looked.

  And the monks would cry unto them, "Keep the bloody noise down!"
  - Mort, Terry Pratchett.