Subject: Oracle
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/1998 14:28:19
http://technet.oracle.com/ might be interresting for some people here...
(don't get shocked by that password query, yuo can obtain one by entering
invalid data). Here's what the page says:

Linux Early Adopter Program

 What is it?
 The Linux Early Adopter Program is a special offer to the Linux community
-- we're giving you the
 pre-release of Oracle8 v8.0.5 for Linux as soon as it is available, so
you can start building applications
 right away.

 The Linux Early Adopter Program is open for registration. Sign up now --
registration closes September 15!

 Starting shortly after September 15, we'll ship the pre-release CD of
Oracle8 for Linux. We'll also post
 technical information, documentation and discussion groups featuring
Oracle for Linux, to help you
 easily and quickly get started. In the meantime, we recommend that you
get familiar with Oracle8 by
 reviewing the wide array of technical resources that the Oracle
Technology Network offers.

 The Linux Early Adopter Program ends when Oracle8 for Linux goes
production, approximately
 mid-October. To make it easy for you to continue building production
Oracle8 applications on Linux,
 we'll tell you how to upgrade to the developer-licensed production
release.

I've signed up for such a CD, and 'll see what comes out of it.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>