Subject: IPF and -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/1998 20:25:11
  Has something changed in the way that IPF gets initialized?
  My 1.3 kernels print out:
	IP Filter: initialized.  Default = pass all, Logging = enabled

  but my -current kernels do not. I suspect that I've been defopt'ed in some
way that I don't recognize. I've rebuilt config, reconfig'ed. I'm at Aug. 16
source, just running SUP again now...
  The general effect is that my firewall with a -current (UVM) kernel
wasn't... firewalling.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.
 Corporate: sales@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.