Subject: Jumping from 1.2.1 to {current}, passwd problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <kbethke@ezy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/1998 10:03:00
Hi there,

Instead of upgrading 1.2.1 to current, I have decided to build a
bigger better box, Install went great, now I'm trying to move my
password files from 1.2.1 to this current release..  I move the
passwd and the pwdb's, but no-one can login less I re-enter password
manually.  Is there something so new in current that keeps it from
working?  Is there a solution rather than typing all of these
passwords in again? (over 3000 of them).

This is NetBSD sparc by the way.

-Scott
---
GSTek Corporation     *Kenneth Scott Bethke*	  Ezy.Net Corporation
Sun/Networking/ISP Stuff  --  BUY/SELL/TRADE  --   FAX: 410-742-1381
Email:kbethke@ezy.net Voice:410-742-1610 Web:http://www.ezy.net/gstek