Subject: Re: Linker problem: wrong number of global symbols
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1998 12:04:53
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Urban Boquist wrote:
> : > I've done several make builds since then without problems, i.e.,
> : > using the -current ld.
> :
> : Arghh, I may have spoken too early. The 4:th make build did actually
> : bomb out with a linker error, again for egcs libcc1.so.
>
> I _do_ see a commonality:  all libraries which exhibit this problem are
> built with _dependencies_ on other libraries, i.e.:
>
> libcc1: -lgnumalloc
> libkrb: -lcrypt -lcom_err
>
> Matt?
>
> --
> -- Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Bus. todd_vierling@xn.xerox.com)

That fits.  I have problems doing a 'make build':

  .
  .
  .
  building shared g++ library (version 4.0)
  ld -x -shared  -o libg++.so.4.0    --whole-archive libg++_pic.a --no-whole-archive /usr/lib/c++rt0.o -lcurses
  ld: internal error: wrong number (1450) of global symbols written into output file, should be 1451
  *** Error code 1

  Stop.

libg++ depends upon libcurses

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."