Subject: Re: Linker problem: wrong number of global symbols
To: Jason Thorpe , Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Urban Boquist <boquist@cs.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1998 15:42:55

> I've done several make builds since then without problems, i.e.,
> using the -current ld.

Arghh, I may have spoken too early. The 4:th make build did actually
bomb out with a linker error, again for egcs libcc1.so.

I thought that three iterations should be enough, for a toolchain that
compiles itself, but maybe it gets more complicated when shared
libraries are involved. Time to draw some T diagrams I guess... ;-)

Anyway, reverting back to an older ld fixed the problem again, so I
guess the linker is borken after all.

Sorry for any additional confusion I might have caused,

	-- Urban