Subject: Re: SMP/flogging a dead horse
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1998 17:23:24
Jason Thorpe writes:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:45:16 -0400 (EDT)
>  Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> wrote:
>
>  > If there really is a fully funded project for SMP, why is it not mentioned
>  > anywhere?  Personally I would love to have SMP for NetBSD, I will go
>  > out and buy an SMP motherboard as soon as alpha test code is available.
>
> Because, perhaps, the organization does not wish to make it public yet?

No problem, but...  Wouldn't a minimum statement on the webpage be useful?
Too much goes on "behind closed doors" that "random users" don't know
about.

And sadly I never made it to USENIX.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.