Subject: Re: SMP/flogging a dead horse
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1998 14:19:44
>> If there really is a fully funded project for SMP, why is it not mentioned
>> anywhere?  Personally I would love to have SMP for NetBSD, I will go
>> out and buy an SMP motherboard as soon as alpha test code is available.
>
> Because, perhaps, the organization does not wish to make it public yet?

If you are indeed making this claim, I believe that you are wrong.  As
a member of the NetBSD organization, I would _very much_ like to
whatever plans you have made public now.  I don't think you can
produce more than one or two members of the NetBSD organization who
don't want whatever current plans exist made public.  What is the
benefit, to the organization, in waiting?

			       _MelloN_