Subject: Re: isp / st problems
To: Neil Hoggarth <neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1998 13:56:43
Can you tell me what kind of HP drive this is?

I've come close to finishing my modifications to ISP
and while I've been looking around NetBSD, it appears
that some clarification and centralization of quirk
info and support for sync, wide and tag stuff would
be desirable.

For example, a bunch of WangDAT drives and the Sony SDT5000
are listed in the centralized quirks table as NOSYNCWIDE
(why both?), but few HBAs pay attention to this. The
pci NCR HBA driver pays attention to it's own internal
table (which includes an HP  device- doesn't say whether
it's a tape drive- it's just vendor/product/rev matching).

At any rate- let me know the inquiry info for this drive
so it can be properly put into a quirk table (it may
not need to be as the message went away, as you say).

On a related note- when you get the EIO error, what kind
of tape do you have in the drive?