Subject: offtopic: 20mhz scsi
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1998 19:03:52
Sorry for the offtopic nature of this post...
I have a DEC Alpha system with two scsi adapters (the onboard
ncr and an adaptec 2940uw in one of the pci slots)

I have two fast wide disks hooked up to the the adaptec controler
(the ncr is fast narrow)

I have a third disk that I want to add to this machine but I am
having a problem.

This 3rd disk is ultra wide (20mhz 16-bit xfers)

Now, I put the 3rd disk at the end of the wide scsi cable coming out
of the adaptec and the boot up messages say that its using 10mhz xfers :(

So can you not mix fast and ultra devices on a single cable without
falling down to the slowest device?

Any ideas here?  or suggestions?

I really dont want to have to add a thrid adapter unless I HAVE to...

Thanks,
Nick