Subject: Re: Is the ZIP ZOOM (AIC 6360 based) SCSI card supported?
To: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/25/1998 09:35:59
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Duncan McEwan wrote:

: But with the ZIP drive connected the system wedged during the boot after
: printing the "biomask" line, and before "boot device".  With just the DAT drive
: connected, the system booted OK, but then any process trying to read from the
: drive hung (the system carried on OK though).

Hm; I've used a Zip Zoom many times with various versions of NetBSD, but
unfortunately the last one was 1.2F.  (I got an AHA-1542CF so I could use
internal drives.  :)

However, do make sure that the card is set to the proper IRQ.  I've seen
many SCSI controller hangs simply caused by a wrong IRQ (and the kernel has
no way of autodetecting an aic0 IRQ; the GENERIC assumes irq 11 is in use).
IIRC, the Zip Zoom can use any of 9, 10, or 11.