Subject: 3COM 3C905B Support in Current...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/24/1998 16:01:27
Hi,

Somebody put an Intel NT-machine on my desk, so I happily started preparing
for another NetBSD install. However,  I ran into a little problem.
The INSTALL kernel doesn't configure the ethernet interface, a 3COM
3C905B (Fast Etherlink XL). I tried an 1.3.1 install-floppy, and then
build a -current one (1.3G). I saw the vendor ID/Device ID listed in the
NetBSD sources (10B7/9055) and assumed that meant it was supported or
at least would be recognized. So my question is, is this card supported?
If yes, what might be going wrong here. If not, is anybody working on it
and would it be a lot of work to get it to work?

Thanks,

Feico Dillema