Subject: ATX Smart Power Supplies
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1998 18:52:01
I'm putting together a NetBSD machine to run some custom software in a
non-unix literate office, designed to run without any intervention.  The
only problem is that if they want to move the machine or something they
might have to power it off, and of course they will not be logging in to
type 'halt'.

Is it possible to watch for someone pushing the power button on an ATX
machine with a smart power supply, and properly halt the machine and shut it
down?  I didn't think so, but I don't know enough about apm stuff to be
sure...

Thanks!   Mike.