Subject: Re: Angels (was: Parentheses and KNF)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1998 08:20:22
Neil Hoggarth writes:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Michael K. Sanders wrote:
>
> > In message <199808202028.NAA11714@andare.fugue.com>, Ted Lemon writes:
> >
> > > BTW, I have calculated that exactly 17 angels can dance on the
> > > head of a pin...   :')
> >
> > No, no, it's obviously 23!
>
> 42.

Hmmm, this seems to be consistent with the common error that is
made here regarding problem reports/questions. What make pin are
we talking about? What architecture, speed, bus, what peripherals
are already installed, what interrupts are they on, etc. It seems
that the details count, and when one is left out, we get an argument
that it works... no it doesn't... 17, 23, 42. We are seeing different
vintage pins here, perhaps one from an hp300, an intel PII, and a
64 bit pin from an alpha.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net
P.O. Box 482