Subject: ethernet and SCSI chip support
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1998 11:42:18
I am trying to design a single-board system that will run NetBSD, but
am running into some chips I'm not familiar with.

Does NetBSD currently support (or will it soon support) the AMD
AM79C970AVC ethernet controller?  I am not sure if this falls into the
categories listed in the i386/INSTALL for 1.3.2:

		AMD LANCE and PCnet-based ISA Ethernet adapters [*], including:
			Novell NE1500T
			Novell NE2100
			Kingston 21xx
		AMD PCnet-based PCI Ethernet adapters, including:
			Addtron AE-350
			BOCALANcard/PCI
			SVEC FD0455
			X/Lan Add-On Adapter
			IBM #13H9237 PCI Ethernet Adapter

Does NetBSD currently support (or will it soon support) either the
Adaptec AIC-78600 or AIC-7880P SCSI controllers?  I'm not sure if this
chip is used on any of the listed boards:

		Adaptec AHA-154xA, -B, -C, and -CF
		Adaptec AHA-174x
		Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 based boards, including
			the Adaptec AHA-152x, Adaptec AHA-1460 (PCMCIA),
			and the SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter.  (Note
			that you cannot boot from these boards if they
			do not have a boot ROM; only the AHA-152x and
			motherboards using this chip are likely to be
			bootable, consequently.)
		Adaptec AHA-2x4x[U][W] cards and some onboard PCI designs
			using the AIC78X0 chip.
		Adaptec AHA-3940[U][W] cards [b]

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,