Subject: Bootblock Problem with -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1998 14:59:22
Hi,

I just upgraded my -current installation (about 2 months old) by supping
last Sunday. Kernel and userland build and run just fine... Very nice.
But, I decided to finally do the `partition-ID-upgrade-thing (165-->169)'.
This worked fine with the bootblock of two months ago. However, to be
completely on the bleeding edge, I decided to install a -current bootblock
too. This unfortunately rendered my system non-bootable fom my SCSI-disk.
I have to boot now from floppy with an 1.3.1 bootblock  (just a minor
inconvenience to me).

I noticed that `installboot' and the `biosboot.sym' sources changed about 2
weeks ago. Did it break then? Are there people out there that have tried
installing a new bootblock recently, and have no problems with it?

Some system info: Intel (i486) machine with Seagate Barracuda 2Gig disk
on an ncr scsi-card. When trying to boot with the new bootblock, I get
nothing from thew bootloader (ie not even the welcome and 5 second
countdown thing).

I can live with the current status, but if somebody happens to have an
`installboot' and `biosboot.sym' lying around that is a few weeks old,
I'd appreciate it if you mailed me a copy. Thanks...

Feico.