Subject: Re: trouble booting Aug 1 kernel on mac68k
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1998 21:16:55
On Sat, Aug 08, 1998 at 09:20:24AM +0000, Mario Kemper wrote:
> Whoa, despite the fact, that my machine hangs right before that line,
> the stack trace looks really similar to mine on an i386 with a ncr host
> adapter.
>
> > I'm asking this on this list because any of the function names in the
> > trace doesn't really look like MD.  Does anyone have any idea what
> > might be broken?  This is a GENERIC kernel.
>
> Maybe my pr port-i386/5930 should move to a MI category?

It seems to be an MI problem. People on 3 different architectures have
reported this now, with or without ncr controllers. I'm also seeing
a problem with an aic7880. The system doesn't boot from it, so I
couldn't say if that is also a problem, but what I am seeing is that
xmcd sometimes hangs, waiting in vain for a scsi command to finish.
Booting a kernel from July the 30th solves the problem.

- Frank