Subject: Re: pine behaving wonky
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1998 10:35:25
To address Mr. Vierling:

1. It's version 4.00; I've retrieved 4.02 and am going to compile it shortly
to see if this will fix my problem.

2. It's NOT the pkgized version, it's as imported directly from UW, using
	"neb" as the build target.

To address Mr. Seebach:
/*
 * Every time I've had trouble with pine, it's turned out that someone has
 * removed <unistd.h> because there are mythical platforms which choke on it,
 * and it's getting off_t wrong.
 *
 * This may not be your problem, but it's a great place to start looking.

Thankyakindly, Seebs, I'll take a look!

 *
 * I guess I'd ktrace the bugger and see what it's doing.

Been there, done that.  That's how I found out it was writing whole bunches
of 'U' in 8k blocks to disk.

 *
 * -s
 */

Thanks for the feedback -- we really are a friendly bunch, aren't we?

				--*greywolf;
--
D.A.R.E* to keep Microsoft off computers.
(* Diskette Abuse Resistance Education)