Subject: pmap_enter problems on syscall 3 (read)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1998 03:58:00
  I was running 1.3.2+Bouyer IDE on my mail server. It was okay for awhile
and then it started to crash with a panic. Same one, top of stack says
something about pmap_enter, bottom of the stack is syscall #3 (SYS_read).
  So, I backed out to my previous kernel, a 1.3_BETA, and it still
occurs.
  What gets me is that it dumps successfully, yet savecore can't pull
anything out! Has the interface for savecore changed a lot? I just noticed
that mine is rather old.

  I'm building a -current kernel for this machine... but does this crash
ring a bell with anyone?

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.
 Corporate: sales@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.