Subject: PCI PCMCIA controller problem (CL-GD6729?)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/1998 23:36:34
My Sharp PC-3040 apparently has a Cirrus Logic GD6729 PCMCIA
controller.  It has 2 Type II slots or 1 Type III slot.  I compiled a
current kernel with all the DEBUG and *VERBOSE options and the config
line:

pcic* at pci? dev ? function ?

and it seems to probe correctly:

pcic0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0: Cirrus Logic GD6729 PCMCIA controller
pcic ident regs: 0x82 0x82 0x82 0x82
pcic0: controller 0 (Cirrus PD672X) has sockets A and B
pcic0: controller 1 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has sockets A and B
pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin A
pci_intr_map: IRQ 255 was requested
pcic0: couldn't map interrupt

I don't understand the output here.  Why are there two controllers?
The output seems to imply that I have 4 sockets.  I'm new to
NetBSD/i386 and I obviously don't understand the PCMCIA stuff.  Can
someone help me?

Thanks,
--
   Johnny C. Lam