Subject: Re: On wscons, mice, and keyboards
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/1998 11:33:12
>This is what my config file looks like now
>
>ums*    at uhub?
>wsmouse* at ums? pseudo 0
>wsmouse* at psmi? pseudo 0
>
>The 'pseudo 0' says that the mouse should send it events to
>pseudo-mouse 0.  The pseudo mouse shares the major number with the
>wsmouse, I simple used minor numbers >= 128 for the pseudo mice.

	Sounds good, though perhaps not as architecturally organized
as some people might like. Is it possible to make "pseudo 0" a default
value, so that the common-case system doesn't need more stuff in it's
config?

>You can, of course, have more than one pseudo mouse.  If a mouse has
>the pseudo locator it can still be opened as usual if the pseudo mouse
>is not open, it will then behave as usual and the events will not be
>sent to the pseudo mouse if the latter is opened.

	Interesting. I can imagine situations where I have more than
one pseudo mouse and want to move a real mouse from one to the
other. Is there a way to do this? Some wsmouse ioctl?

	- Nathan