Subject: Re: Mac Floppy utility
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/1998 14:54:47
On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

* Does anyone know of a utility which will let me write an arbitrary file
* out to a floppy? Something like rawrite (sp?) does under DOS, or dd
* if=a_file of=/dev/rfd0a does under NetBSD?
*
* I'm having a LOT of problems getting my G3 to boot, and am wondering if
* part of the problem's that I'm making the floppies with the i386 at work,
* and the G3 doesn't like them.
*
* Even if that's not the problem, it'd be much easier to be able to make
* disks on the G3 as the i386 is at work and the G3's at home.
*
* Or, does anyone know of a program which can convert a floppy image into
* the image formats used either by DiskCopy (Apple's format), or Norton
* Utilities?
*

I don't know if this will do exactly what you're trying to, but try
grabbing shrinkwrap (I don't remember a URL offhand) off the web. It does
some nifty things w/ disk images...

cheers,

adrian