Subject: Re: things I noticed with NetBSD on my laptop
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/1998 15:50:42
--==_Exmh_1995325698P

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:39:27 +0300, Jukka Marin says
>Aaagh... Guess who has absolutely NO winlose code on his laptop? :-(
>
>I partitioned my hd again to have about 75 MB of unused space at the
>end, but it didn't help, so obviously BIOS isn't saving the RAM
>contents at the end of the disk, at least.

The hibernation file for my Thinkpad 701 is created on the DOS partition.
If you don't have a DOS partition, make one.  That may be enough.

Also, my BIOS has an option for setting the hibernate file size explicitly;
if you've added memory, the default size may be too small now.  If you have
a recent Thinkpad, though, good luck setting BIOS options without Win95
installed.

	-Kevin

--==_Exmh_1995325698P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBNbZCkX4qeMKIUCpVAQFjQQP/fp38ch2EkCCKDWwPVdmcUFGJKvdWKgKW
RS1Gg3rN2MGW20LJbPAAnz0YK25/hAn7yd4TUHlT/4GJvYKYIGoIAB53tsvRRbLI
J98JVryAjC3iCQ+Va96TwHUZZkjBonpRson0lIonIxbdzzrSOAYAocPFBGhlDoUX
EJzvWoqlAJ4=
=BQFy
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1995325698P--