Subject: Support for Adaptec 2930 in NetBSD-current?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1998 17:49:07
Can anyone tell me if the ahc driver in NetBSD-current supports the AHA 2930
SCSI controller?

I couldn't tell from Adaptec's web pages what the differences between the
2930 and 2940 are (apparently the 2930 is for "desktop PC's" whereas the 2940
is for "desktop PC's or servers").

But looking in sys/dev/pci/ahc_pci.c (version 1.18 which I think is the
current version), I don't see any mention of the 2930, either in the
comment header, or in the PCI_DEVICE_ID_ADAPTEC_* constants.

So can anyone tell me if it is supported, and if not, whether support would
be hard to add.

Thanks in advance.

Duncan